I firmly believe in paying for the movies you own. By doing so, I believe you should be able to move them to your media server and play them back however you please. BD+ protection (DRM) prevented this with recent Blu-Ray titles, but latest version of Slysoft’s AnyDVD HD overcomes this limitation.
Here is the update notification:
- New (Blu-ray): Removes the BD+ protection from Blu-ray discs! (for increased compatibility with titles released by Twentieth Century Fox 🙂 )
- New (Blu-ray): Added option to enable / disable BD+ removal
- New (DVD): AnyDVD ripper no longer uses the Windows filesystem, it has now its own UDF parser / reader. Discs which cannot be read by Windows can now be copied with the AnyDVD ripper.
- Fix (Blu-ray): Black display with some BD discs, e.g., “Layer Cake”, second release, “The Fugitive”, “Wild Things” (all Region B)
- Fix (DVD): Small bugfix in “repairing defective disc structure” function of AnyDVD ripper
- Fix (DVD): Problems with some Arccos protected titles, e.g. “The Grudge”, R1, US
- Some minor fixes and improvements
- Updated languages
The update is free for all registered customers, of course. Just install the new version on top of your current version, regardless which version you have installed: http://www.slysoft.com/download.html