Nicole had another doctors appointment today. Since it was going to be a multi-hour ordeal and I was working, I didn’t go with her. She called me and I was nervous as to whether or not it would be good news or bad news. I was afraid to ask and we talked for a minute or two before she casually mentioned that she heard the heart beat. I can’t believe it — our little speck has a heart beat! I could hardly speak I was so surprised and excited! This is definitely good news!
I was curious what our little speck was like, so I looked-up some info on wikipedia:
Week 4 (6th week of pregnancy)
- The embryo measures 4 mm (1/8 inch) in length and begins to curve into a C shape.
- Somites, the divisions of the future vertebra, form.
- The heart bulges, further develops, and begins to beat in a regular rhythm.
- Branchial arches, grooves which will form structures of the face and neck, form.
- The neural tube closes.
- The ears begin to form as otic pits.
- Arm buds and a tail are visible