I can be contacted via e-mail using this contact form.
Carlton G. Bale
To obtain a General Management, Marketing, or Product Planning position within progressive company with high leadership and career advancement opportunities, located within the greater Indianapolis area.
|Cummins Inc.||Director – International Service Organization, July 1, 2011 – present||-Lead functional excellence across the worldwide service organizations, including Mexico, South America, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Russia/CIS, China, and Southeast Asia
-Develop and execute the organization structure strategy, customer support, and technical issue escalation processes within each region
-Lead cross-functional quarterly reviews with each region; review quarterly scorecard metrics and identify improvement-focused workplans
-Champion employee safety across the entire service organization and develop a safety-focused, behavioral-based culture
|Distribution Performance Manager, Distribution Business Unit, September 1, 2005 – June 30, 2011
||-Lead program to develop new financial reporting system for collecting financial results from North American
distributors ERP system; reporting monthly financial results from data warehouse.
-Lead program to develop web-based scorecard management, data entry, reporting, and archiving system for all
North American and international distributors.
-Lead the North American Balanced Scorecard reporting and analysis process, comparing performance of North American distributors, communicating results, and setting performance goals.
-Conducted financial performance analysis of distributors for contract review and renewal process.
|Program Manager, Aftermarket Engineering, August 1, 2002 -August 2005
||Identification, design, release, and marketing of new aftermarket products focusing on Dodge Ram market. Identified new products, created program business cases, and followed products to launch. Represented product line at trade show, directly interacted with end users to identify opportunities and address concerns. Program lead for all Cummins exhaust and engine brake products.|
|Senior Engineer, Future Products, July 16, 2001 – July 31 2002||Cost reduction, diagnostic, serviceability, and remanufacturing development for Bosch High Pressure Common Rail fuel system on the ISB 5.9L diesel engine. Achieved $260,000 annual warranty cost reduction.|
|Advanced Service Engineer,
June 1, 1999 – July 15, 2000
|Service lead on the emissions improvement system being implemented on all automotive products to meet the 2002 emissions regulation change.|
|Alternative Fuels Service Engineer, August 1, 1997 – May 31,1999||Field testing, product improvement, direct technical communication with customers.|
|University of Louisville||Graduate Research Assistant, June 15, 1996 – July 31, 1997||Testing and development of small-diameter horizontal boring technology for Columbia Gas Distribution Companies.|
|Windows NT Systems Administrator, May 15, 1996 – July 31, 1997||Deployed the first Windows NT computer laboratory at the University of Louisville. Included specification and installation of all equipment, automated workstation software deployment, SMS / SQL server, web server.|
|R. L. Craig Company, Inc.||Sales Engineer, August 25, 1995 – July 31, 1997||Specification, bidding, and sales of HVAC-related equipment.|
|General Electric Plastics||Co-op Engineer, January 10, 1994 – August 22, 1995||-Environmental Engineering Department, Title V Clean Air Act Compliance
-BisPhenolAcetone (BPA) III Chem-Ops, Process Modifications, Contractor Bidding
-Crystalline Polymer Products (CPP) Finishing, Product Quality Improvement, Recycle Utilization
-LEXAN Finishing Maintenance, Preventative maintenance program implementation
Masters Degree, Masters of Business Administration, Marketing, GPA 3.80, Beta Gamma Sigma Honor Society, Graduation date: May, 2005
Masters Degree, Mechanical Engineering, GPA: 3.79, Pi Tau Sigma Honor Society, Graduation date: July, 1997
Thesis topic: Development of Horizontal Boring Technology
Bachelor of Science , Mechanical Engineering, GPA: 3.15, Graduation date: May, 1996
- Project management and team leadership
- New product identification, design, validation, and introduction
- Direct customer and press interaction
- Market research of target customer segments
- Cost reduction through product redesign, commonization, and obsolescence
- Extensive computer and networking experience
- Presentations and public speaking
- Identification and pursuit of innovative competitive advantages
Activities and Honors
- US Patents US6687601 and US7111605
- Volunteer, Cincinnati Zoo Manatee Springs Exhibit
- Founder of the University of Louisville Chapter of the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)
- Team Captain of the University of Louisville SAE Mini-Baja Team
- President of the University of Louisville section of the Pi Tau Sigma Mechanical Engineering Honor Society
- Recipient of the Speed Scientific School Alumni Award
- Member of DCI World Champion Cavaliers Drum and Bugle Corps (1993)
- Member of University of Louisville Symphonic and Concert Bands (4 years)
Hobbies and Interests
- Consulted in China, developed pricing strategy for state-held firm adapting to competitive, profit driven economy
- Technology and consumer electronics: home theater design and construction, home automation, computer networking, automotive improvement projects, web page development
I can be contacted via e-mail using this contact form.